Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next] selftests: forwarding: add Per-Stream Filtering and Policing test for Ocelot

From: Sebastian Andrzej Siewior <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 16:26:52 +0200

On 2022-04-30 13:19:59 [+0000], Vladimir Oltean wrote:
> Hi Sebastian,
Hi Vladimir,

> If I get you right, you're saying it would be preferable to submit
> isochron for inclusion in Debian Testing.

If you intend to change command line switches or something that could
confuse users, you could start with experimental. Otherwise, yes,
testing.

> Ok, I've submitted an Intent To Package:
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1010396

Thank you. 

> but if you don't mind, I'd still like to proceed with v2 right away,
> since the process of getting isochron packaged by Debian is essentially
> unbounded and I wouldn't like to create a dependency between packaging
> and this selftest. There is already a link to the Github repo in
> tsn_lib.sh, I expect people are still going to get it from there for a
> while. I will also make the dependency optional via a REQUIRE_ISOCHRON
> variable, as discussed with Kurt. I hope that's ok.

Sure.

Sebastian