Subject: Re: [PATCH] net: mvpp2: add delay at the end of .mac_prepare

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2022 12:44:39 +0100

Please trim so I don't have to waste my vital limited power reading
paging through lots of unnecessary text. Thanks.

On Thu, Apr 28, 2022 at 11:03:08PM +0300, Baruch Siach wrote:
> mv88x3310 f212a600.mdio-mii:02: Firmware version 0.3.10.0
> 
> This is a timing sensitive issue. Slight change in firmware code might
> be significant.

That should be new enough to avoid the firmware problem - and it seems
that 0.3.10.0 works fine on the Macchiatobin DS.

> One more detail that might be important is that the PHY firmware is
> loaded at run-time using this patch (rebased):
> 
>   https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/

Hmm, I wonder what difference that makes...

Can you confirm the md5sum of your firmware please?
95180414ba23f2c7c2fabd377fb4c1df ?

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 40Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!