Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/4] tools/bpf/runqslower: musl compat: explicitly link with libargp if found

From: Dominique Martinet <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 15:58:35 +0900

Dominique Martinet wrote on Sun, Apr 24, 2022 at 02:10:19PM +0900:
> After having done this work I noticed runqslower is not actually
> installed, so ideally instead of all of this it'd make more sense to
> just not build it: would it make sense to take it out of the defaults
> build targets?
> I could just directly build the appropriate targets from tools/bpf
> directory with 'make bpftool bpf_dbg bpf_asm bpf_jit_disasm', but
> ideally I'd like to keep alpine's build script way of calling make from
> the tools parent directory, and 'make bpf' there is all or nothing.

Well, it turns out runqslower doesn't build if the current kernel or
vmlinux in tree don't have BTF enabled, so the current alpine builder
can't build it.

I've dropped this patch from my alpine MR[1] and built things directly
with make bpftool etc as suggested above, so my suggestion to make it
more easily buildable that way is probably the way to go?
[1] https://gitlab.alpinelinux.org/alpine/aports/-/merge_requests/33554

Thanks,
-- 
Dominique