Subject: Re: [PATCH] pm/sleep: Add PM_USERSPACE_AUTOSLEEP Kconfig

From: "Jason A. Donenfeld" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2022 00:08:16 +0200

Hi Kalesh,

On Thu, Jun 30, 2022 at 03:02:46PM -0700, Kalesh Singh wrote:
> I've uploaded the changes on android-mainline [1]. We'll submit there
> once the upstream changes are finalized.
> 
> [1] https://android-review.googlesource.com/c/kernel/common/+/2142693/1

Excellent. I think everything is all set then, at least from my
perspective. There's a viable replacement for this usage of
CONFIG_ANDROID, there are patches ready to go both in the kernel and on
Android's configs, and now all we do is wait for Rafael. Great!

Maybe people will have opinions on the naming
(CONFIG_PM_RAPID_USERSPACE_AUTOSLEEP vs
CONFIG_PM_ANDROID_USERAPCE_AUTO_SLEEP vs what you have vs something else
vs who knows), but whatever is chosen seems probably fine, as this is a
pretty low key change since it can always be tweaked further later (it's
not ABI).

Jason