Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/2] net: dsa: mv88e6xxx: get rid of SPEED_MAX

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 10:31:50 +0100

Hi,

This series does two things:

1. it gets rid of mv88e6065_port_set_speed_duplex() which is completely
   unused (do we support this device? I couldn't find it in the tables
   in chip.c) This has a max speed of 200Mbps which we don't support.

2. get rid of the SPEED_MAX constant, which is used to configure a DSA
   or CPU port to their maximum speed during initialisation. We no
   longer need this as we can derive the maximum port speed from the
   mac_capabilities instead.

The reason for making this change is in preparation for phylink to be
used by DSA for CPU ports. This omission has come back to bite us with
the conversion of DSA drivers to phylink_pcs, since phylink_pcs won't
get used unless phylink is being used. Particularly with this driver,
it is very common for DT descriptions to omit the fixed-link details
which means "use maximum speed".

It will eventually be necessary to hoist the selection of "max speed"
into the DSA layer (trivial) and also have a way for the DSA driver
to tell the DSA layer which interface it should be using for these
ports.

 drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/chip.c | 39 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------
 drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/chip.h |  3 +--
 drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/port.c | 36 ------------------------------------
 drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/port.h |  2 --
 4 files changed, 30 insertions(+), 50 deletions(-)

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 40Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!