Subject: Re: cmd_sb_occ_show doesn't call dl_put_opts

From: Jiri Pirko <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2022 09:16:40 +0200

Fri, Aug 05, 2022 at 10:18:22PM CEST, [email-masked] wrote:
>Hey Jiri,
>
>I noticed while looking at implementing policy checking support in
>devlink that the cmd_sb_occ_show calls dl_argv_parse but then doesn't
>call dl_put_opts, so it doesn't seem to be sending any of the attributes
>down to the kernel.
>
>I am guessing this is not done on purpose, and is just an oversight,
>caused by needing to send two different netlink messages.
>
>It looks like the code could use a dl_argc check to determine whether to
>use NLM_F_DUMP and call dl_put_opts to ensure the netlink attributes get
>added..?

Correct. Currently we are doing dump all the time. Should be fixed.

>Thanks,
>Jake