Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v1 7/7] ethtool: add interface to interact with Ethernet Power Equipment

From: Bagas Sanjaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 10:08:31 +0700

On Fri, Aug 19, 2022 at 02:01:09PM +0200, Oleksij Rempel wrote:
> +Kernel response contents:
> +
> +  ======================================  ======  ==========================
> +  ``ETHTOOL_A_PSE_HEADER``                nested  reply header
> +  ``ETHTOOL_A_PODL_PSE_ADMIN_STATE``          u8  Operational state of the PoDL
> +                                                  PSE functions
> +  ``ETHTOOL_A_PODL_PSE_PW_D_STATUS``          u8  power detection status of the
> +                                                  PoDL PSE.
> +  ======================================  ======  ==========================
> +

I don't see malformed table warnings on my htmldocs build, although the
table border for the third column is not long enough to cover the
contents.

> +Request contents:
> +
> +  ======================================  ======  ==========================
> +  ``ETHTOOL_A_PSE_HEADER``                nested  request header
> +  ``ETHTOOL_A_PODL_PSE_ADMIN_CONTROL``        u8  Control PoDL PSE Admin state
> +  ======================================  ======  ==========================
> +

Same here too.

In that case, I'd like to extend the border, like:

---- >8 ----

diff --git a/Documentation/networking/ethtool-netlink.rst b/Documentation/networking/ethtool-netlink.rst
index c8b09b57bd65ea..2560cf62d14f4e 100644
--- a/Documentation/networking/ethtool-netlink.rst
+++ b/Documentation/networking/ethtool-netlink.rst
@@ -1641,13 +1641,13 @@ Request contents:
 
 Kernel response contents:
 
-  ======================================  ======  ==========================
+  ======================================  ======  =============================
   ``ETHTOOL_A_PSE_HEADER``                nested  reply header
   ``ETHTOOL_A_PODL_PSE_ADMIN_STATE``          u8  Operational state of the PoDL
                                                   PSE functions
   ``ETHTOOL_A_PODL_PSE_PW_D_STATUS``          u8  power detection status of the
                                                   PoDL PSE.
-  ======================================  ======  ==========================
+  ======================================  ======  =============================
 
 The ``ETHTOOL_A_PODL_PSE_ADMIN_STATE`` identifies the operational state of the
 PoDL PSE functions.  The operational state of the PSE function can be changed
@@ -1673,10 +1673,10 @@ Sets PSE parameters.
 
 Request contents:
 
-  ======================================  ======  ==========================
+  ======================================  ======  ============================
   ``ETHTOOL_A_PSE_HEADER``                nested  request header
   ``ETHTOOL_A_PODL_PSE_ADMIN_CONTROL``        u8  Control PoDL PSE Admin state
-  ======================================  ======  ==========================
+  ======================================  ======  ============================
 
 When set, the optional ``ETHTOOL_A_PODL_PSE_ADMIN_CONTROL`` attribute is used
 to control PoDL PSE Admin functions. This option is implementing

Thanks.

-- 
An old man doll... just what I always wanted! - Clara