Subject: Re: [PATCH V4 vfio 04/10] vfio: Add an IOVA bitmap support

From: Jason Gunthorpe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 10:01:00 -0300

On Fri, Aug 26, 2022 at 10:37:26AM +0100, Joao Martins wrote:

> >> It's already wrapped (by my editor) and also at 75 columns. I can do a
> >> bit shorter if that's hurting readability.
> > 
> > 78 chars above, but git log indents by another 4 spaces, so they do
> > wrap.  Something around 70/72 seems better for commit logs.
> > 
> OK, I'll wrap at 70.

We have a documented standard for this:

Documentation/process/submitting-patches.rst:

The canonical patch format
--------------------------
  - The body of the explanation, line wrapped at 75 columns, which will
    be copied to the permanent changelog to describe this patch.

Please follow it - it always bugs me when people randomly choose to
wrap at something alot less than 75 columns for some reason.

Jason