Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] net: sfp: add quirk for FINISAR FTLX8574D3BCL and FTLX1471D3BCL SFP modules

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 20:00:35 +0100

On Tue, Sep 13, 2022 at 09:10:08PM +0300, Oleksandr Mazur wrote:
> FINISAR FTLX8574D3BCL and FTLX1471D3BCL modules report 10Gbase-SR mode
> support, but can also operate at 1000base-X.
> 
> Add quirk to also support 1000base-X.
> 
> EEPROM content of FTLX8574D3BCL SFP module is (where XX is serial number):
> 
> 00:  03 04 07 10 00 00 00 00  00 00 00 06 67 00 00 00  |............g...|
> 10:  08 03 00 1e 46 49 4e 49  53 41 52 20 43 4f 52 50  |....FINISAR CORP|
> 20:  2e 20 20 20 00 00 90 65  46 54 4c 58 38 35 37 34  |.   ...eFTLX8574|
> 30:  44 33 42 43 4c 20 20 20  41 20 20 20 03 52 00 4b  |D3BCL   A   .R.K|
> 40:  00 1a 00 00 41 30 XX XX  XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX  |....A0XXXXXXXXXX|
> 50:  20 20 20 20 31 38 30 38  31 32 20 20 68 f0 05 e7  |    180812  h...|
> 
> EEPROM content of FTLX1471D3BCL SFP module is (where XX is serial number):
> 
> 00:  03 04 07 20 00 00 00 00  00 00 00 06 67 00 0a 64  |... ........g..d|
> 10:  00 00 00 00 46 49 4e 49  53 41 52 20 43 4f 52 50  |....FINISAR CORP|
> 20:  2e 20 20 20 00 00 90 65  46 54 4c 58 31 34 37 31  |.   ...eFTLX1471|
> 30:  44 33 42 43 4c 20 20 20  41 20 20 20 05 1e 00 63  |D3BCL   A   ...c|
> 40:  00 1a 00 00 55 4b XX XX  XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX  |....UKXXXXXXXXXX|
> 50:  20 20 20 20 31 31 30 34  30 32 20 20 68 f0 03 bb  |    110402  h...|

Please include the ethtool -m output so we can see what this decodes
to. I'd rather not have to keep on writing tools to parse hexdumps
back to binary and then using a custom tool based on ethtool to get
that information.

However, having the binary dump from ethtool -m emailed to me so it
can be added to my database of EEPROM contents for future testing
would be useful.

Thanks.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 40Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!