Subject: Re: [PATCH ipsec-next 1/7] xfrm: add extack support to verify_newsa_info

From: Sabrina Dubroca <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 17:55:28 +0200

2022-09-19, 17:00:38 -0700, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Sep 2022 19:04:00 +0200 Sabrina Dubroca wrote:
> >  	case IPPROTO_COMP:
> > +		if (!attrs[XFRMA_ALG_COMP]) {
> > +			NL_SET_ERR_MSG(extack, "Missing required attribute for COMP: COMP");
> > +			goto out;
> > +		}
> 
> Did NL_SET_ERR_ATTR_MISS() make it to the xfrm tree?

No, it hasn't. Thanks for the note, I hadn't seen those patches.

It would only solve part of the problem here, since some cases need
one of two possible attributes (AH needs AUTH or AUTH_TRUNC, ESP needs
AEAD or CRYPT).

In this particular case, it's also a bit confusing because which
attribute is required (or not allowed) depends on other parts of the
configuration, so there isn't a way to express most of it outside of
strings -- short of having netlink policies or extacks that can
describe logical formulas, I guess.

-- 
Sabrina