Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/9] net: dsa: cleanup EEE (part 1)

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2024 14:17:52 +0000

Hi,

First part of DSA EEE cleanups.

Patch 1 removes a useless test that is always false. dp->pl will always
be set for user ports, so !dp->pl in the EEE methods will always be
false.

Patch 2 adds support for a new DSA support_eee() method, which tells
DSA whether the DSA driver supports EEE, and thus whether the ethtool
set_eee() and get_eee() methods should return -EOPNOTSUPP.

Patch 3 adds a trivial implementation for this new method which
indicates that EEE is supported.

Patches 4..8 adds implementations for .supports_eee() to all drivers
that support EEE in some form.

Patch 9 switches the core DSA code to require a .supports_eee()
implementation if DSA is supported. Any DSA driver that doesn't
implement this method after this patch will not support the ethtool
EEE methods.

Part 2 will remove the (now) useless .get_mac_eee() DSA operation.

 drivers/net/dsa/b53/b53_common.c       | 13 +++++++------
 drivers/net/dsa/b53/b53_priv.h         |  1 +
 drivers/net/dsa/bcm_sf2.c              |  1 +
 drivers/net/dsa/microchip/ksz_common.c | 20 +++++---------------
 drivers/net/dsa/mt7530.c               |  1 +
 drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/chip.c       |  1 +
 drivers/net/dsa/qca/qca8k-8xxx.c       |  1 +
 include/net/dsa.h                      |  2 ++
 net/dsa/port.c                         | 16 ++++++++++++++++
 net/dsa/user.c                         | 12 ++++++++++--
 10 files changed, 45 insertions(+), 23 deletions(-)

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!