Subject: [PATCH RFC net-next 0/7] net: dsa: cleanup EEE (part 2)

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2024 14:25:44 +0000

This is part 2 of the DSA EEE cleanups, and is being sent out becaues it
is relevant for the review of part 1, but would make part 1 too large.

Patch 1 removes the useless setting of tx_lpi parameters in the
ksz driver.

Patch 2 removes the DSA core code that calls the get_mac_eee() operation.
This needs to be done before removing the implementations because doing
otherwise would cause dsa_user_get_eee() to return -EOPNOTSUPP.

Patches 3..6 remove the trivial get_mac_eee() implementations from DSA
drivers.

Patch 7 finally removes the get_mac_eee() method from struct
dsa_switch_ops.

For part 2:

 drivers/net/dsa/b53/b53_common.c       |  7 -------
 drivers/net/dsa/b53/b53_priv.h         |  1 -
 drivers/net/dsa/bcm_sf2.c              |  1 -
 drivers/net/dsa/microchip/ksz_common.c | 15 ---------------
 drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/chip.c       |  8 --------
 drivers/net/dsa/qca/qca8k-8xxx.c       |  1 -
 drivers/net/dsa/qca/qca8k-common.c     |  7 -------
 drivers/net/dsa/qca/qca8k.h            |  1 -
 include/net/dsa.h                      |  2 --
 net/dsa/user.c                         | 12 ------------
 10 files changed, 55 deletions(-)

For part 1 and part 2 combined results in a net reduction of 33 LOC:

 drivers/net/dsa/b53/b53_common.c       | 14 ++++----------
 drivers/net/dsa/b53/b53_priv.h         |  2 +-
 drivers/net/dsa/bcm_sf2.c              |  2 +-
 drivers/net/dsa/microchip/ksz_common.c | 35 +++++-----------------------------
 drivers/net/dsa/mt7530.c               |  1 +
 drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/chip.c       |  9 +--------
 drivers/net/dsa/qca/qca8k-8xxx.c       |  2 +-
 drivers/net/dsa/qca/qca8k-common.c     |  7 -------
 drivers/net/dsa/qca/qca8k.h            |  1 -
 include/net/dsa.h                      |  4 ++--
 net/dsa/port.c                         | 16 ++++++++++++++++
 net/dsa/user.c                         | 18 +++++++----------
 12 files changed, 39 insertions(+), 72 deletions(-)

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!