Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/7] net: stmmac: clean up and fix EEE implementation

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2024 14:46:09 +0000

Hi,

This is a rework of stmmac's EEE support in light of the addition of EEE
management to phylib.

Patch 1 adds configuration of the receive clock phy_eee_rx_clock_stop()
(which was part of another series.)

Patch 2 moves the tracking of tx_lpi_timer to phylib.

Patch 3 makes stmmac EEE state depend on phylib's enable_tx_lpi flag.

Patch 4 removes redundant code from the ethtool EEE operations.

Patch 5 removes the driver private tx_lpi_enabled, which will now be
managed by phylib.

Patch 6 removes the dependence of EEE error statistics on the EEE
enable state, instead depending on whether EEE is supported by the
hardware.

Patch 7 removes phy_init_eee(), instead using phy_eee_rx_clock_stop()
to configure whether the PHY may stop the receive clock.

 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac.h       |  1 -
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_ethtool.c   | 25 ++------------------
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_main.c  | 26 +++++++++++++--------
 drivers/net/phy/phy.c                              | 27 ++++++++++++++++++----
 include/linux/phy.h                                |  1 +
 5 files changed, 42 insertions(+), 38 deletions(-)

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!