Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v4 6/9] net: sparx5: verify RGMII speeds

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2024 19:48:59 +0000

On Fri, Dec 13, 2024 at 02:41:05PM +0100, Daniel Machon wrote:
> When doing a port config, we verify the port speed against the PHY mode
> and supported speeds of that PHY mode. Add checks for the four RGMII phy
> modes: RGMII, RGMII_ID, RGMII_TXID and RGMII_RXID.
> 
> Reviewed-by: Steen Hegelund <[email-masked]>
> Reviewed-by: Horatiu Vultur <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Daniel Machon <[email-masked]>

You do realise that phylink knows what speeds each interface supports
(see phylink_get_capabilities()) and restricts the media advertisement
to ensure that ethtool link modes that can't be supported by the MAC
capabilities and set of interfaces that would be used are not
advertised.

This should mean none of your verification ever triggers. If it does,
then I'd like to know about it.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!