Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/6] net: pcs: add supported_interfaces bitmap for PCS

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2025 11:16:06 +0000

Hi,

This series adds supported_interfaces for PCS, which gives MAC code a
way to determine the interface modes that the PCS supports without
having to implement functions such as xpcs_get_interfaces(), or
workarounds such as in

https://lore.kernel.org/r/[email-masked]

Patch 1 adds the new bitmask to struct phylink_pcs, and code within
phylink to validate that the PCS returned by the MAC driver supports
the interface mode - but only if this bitmask is non-empty.

Patch 2 through 4 fills in the interface modes for XPCS, Mediatek LynxI
and Lynx PCS.

Patch 5 adds support to stmmac to make use of this bitmask when filling
in phylink_config.supported_interfaces, eliminating the call to
xpcs_get_interfaces.

As xpcs_get_interfaces() is now unused outside of pcs-xpcs.c, patch 6
makes this function static and removes it from the header file.

 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_main.c | 11 +++++++++--
 drivers/net/pcs/pcs-lynx.c                        | 13 +++++++++++++
 drivers/net/pcs/pcs-mtk-lynxi.c                   |  4 ++++
 drivers/net/pcs/pcs-xpcs.c                        |  5 +++--
 drivers/net/phy/phylink.c                         | 11 +++++++++++
 include/linux/pcs/pcs-xpcs.h                      |  1 -
 include/linux/phylink.h                           |  3 +++
 7 files changed, 43 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!