Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/3] net: bcm: asp2: fix fallout from phylib EEE changes

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2025 16:50:37 +0000

Hi,

This series addresses the fallout from the phylib changes in the
Broadcom ASP2 driver.

The first patch uses phylib's copy of the LPI timer setting, which
means the driver no longer has to track this. It will be set in
hardware each time the adjust_link function is called when the link
is up, and will be read at initialisation time to set the current
value.

The second patch removes the driver's storage of tx_lpi_enabled,
which has become redundant since phylib managed EEE was merged. The
driver does nothing with this flag other than storing it.

The last patch converts the driver to use phylib's enable_tx_lpi
flag rather than trying to maintain its own copy.

 drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/asp2/bcmasp.h        |  3 --
 .../net/ethernet/broadcom/asp2/bcmasp_ethtool.c    | 39 ----------------------
 drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/asp2/bcmasp_intf.c   | 22 +++++++-----
 3 files changed, 14 insertions(+), 50 deletions(-)
-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!