Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/4] Various mtk_eth_soc cleanups

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 16:19:02 +0000

Here are a number of patches that do a bit of cleanup to mtk_eth_soc.

The first patch cleans up mtk_gmac0_rgmii_adjust(), which is the
troublesome function preventing the driver becoming a post-March2020
phylink driver. It doesn't solve that problem, merely makes the code
easier to follow by getting rid of repeated tenary operators.

The second patch moves the check for DDR2 memory to the initialisation
of phylink's supported_interfaces - if TRGMII is not possible for some
reason, we should not be erroring out in phylink MAC operations when
that can be determined prior to phylink creation.

The third patch removes checks from mtk_mac_config() that are done
when initialising supported_interfaces - phylink will not call
mtk_mac_config() with an interface that was not marked as supported,
so these checks are redundant.

The last patch removes the remaining vestiges of REVMII and RMII
support, which appears to be entirely unused.

These shouldn't conflict with Daniel's patch set, but if they do I
will rework as appropriate.

Thanks.

 drivers/net/ethernet/mediatek/mtk_eth_soc.c | 81 ++++++++++++-----------------
 1 file changed, 33 insertions(+), 48 deletions(-)

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 40Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!