Subject: Re: [PATCH RFC v6 0/6] Create common DPLL/clock configuration API

From: Jiri Pirko <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 17:10:04 +0100

Mon, Mar 13, 2023 at 04:33:13PM CET, [email-masked] wrote:
>On 13/03/2023 12:20, Jiri Pirko wrote:
>> Sun, Mar 12, 2023 at 03:28:01AM CET, [email-masked] wrote:
>> > Implement common API for clock/DPLL configuration and status reporting.
>> > The API utilises netlink interface as transport for commands and event
>> > notifications. This API aim to extend current pin configuration and
>> > make it flexible and easy to cover special configurations.
>> 
>> Could you please put here some command line examples to work with this?
>
>We don't have open-source tools ready right now for specific hardware, but
>with YAML spec published you can use in-kernel tool to manipulate the values,
>i.e.:
>
>./tools/net/ynl/cli.py --spec Documentation/netlink/specs/dpll.yaml --dump
>device-get
>./tools/net/ynl/cli.py --spec Documentation/netlink/specs/dpll.yaml --do
>device-get --json '{"id": 0}'
>./tools/net/ynl/cli.py --spec Documentation/netlink/specs/dpll.yaml --dump
>pin-get
>./tools/net/ynl/cli.py --spec Documentation/netlink/specs/dpll.yaml --do
>pin-get --json '{"id": 0, "pin-idx":1}'
>./tools/net/ynl/cli.py --spec Documentation/netlink/specs/dpll.yaml --do
>pin-set --json '{"id":0, "pin-idx":1, "pin-frequency":1}'

Interesting, is this working for you?
I'm experiencing some issue with cmd value. Example:
./tools/net/ynl/cli.py --spec Documentation/netlink/specs/dpll.yaml --do device-get --json '{"id": 0}'
this should send DPLL_CMD_DEVICE_GET which is 1.
In kernel genl_family_rcv_msg() the hdr->cmd is 2
Any idea what might be wrong?