Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 net-next 1/9] phy: phy-ocelot-serdes: add ability to be used in a non-syscon configuration

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2023 17:00:04 +0000

On Mon, Mar 20, 2023 at 04:41:36PM +0000, Lee Jones wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Mar 2023, Russell King (Oracle) wrote:
> 
> > On Mon, Mar 20, 2023 at 01:34:31PM +0000, Lee Jones wrote:
> > > Once again netdev seems to have applied patches from other subsystems
> > > without review/ack.  What makes netdev different to any other kernel
> > > subsystem?  What would happen if other random maintainers started
> > > applying netdev patches without appropriate review?  I suspect someone
> > > would become understandably grumpy.
> >
> > Why again are you addressing your whinge to me? I'm not one of the
> > netdev maintainers, but I've pointed out what happens in netdev
> > land. However, you seem to *not* want to discuss it directly with
> > DaveM/Jakub/Paolo - as illustrated again with yet another response
> > to *me* rather than addressing your concerns *to* the people who
> > you have an issue with.
> >
> > This is not communication. Effectively, this is sniping, because
> > rather than discussing it with the individuals concerned, you are
> > instead preferring to discuss it with others.
> >
> > Please stop this.
> 
> Read the above paragraph again.

You sent your email _TO_ me, that means you addressed your comments
primarily _to_ me. RFC2822:

   The "To:" field contains the address(es) of the primary recipient(s)
   of the message.

   The "Cc:" field (where the "Cc" means "Carbon Copy" in the sense of
   making a copy on a typewriter using carbon paper) contains the
   addresses of others who are to receive the message, though the
   content of the message may not be directed at them.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 40Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!