Subject: Re: [PATCH RFC net-next 3/7] net: dsa: use fwnode_get_phy_mode() to get phy interface mode

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 14:31:04 +0000

On Thu, Mar 23, 2023 at 04:03:05PM +0200, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 22, 2023 at 12:00:06PM +0000, Russell King (Oracle) wrote:
> > In preparation for supporting the use of software nodes to setup
> > phylink, switch DSA to use fwnode_get_phy_mode() to retrieve the
> > phy interface mode, rather than using of_get_phy_mode() which is
> > DT specific.
> 
> ...
> 
> > +	struct fwnode_handle *fwnode;
> 
> > +	fwnode = of_fwnode_handle(dp->dn);
> 
> 	const struct fwnode_handle *fwnode = of_fwnode_handle(dp->dn);
> 
> ?

Why const?

Why do you want it on one line? The code as written conforms to
netdev coding standards which as you well know are different from
the rest of the kernel.

Thanks.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 40Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!