Subject: Re: Potential regression/bug in net/mlx5 driver

From: Saeed Mahameed <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2023 21:02:12 -0700

On 19 Apr 17:46, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
>On Wed, 19 Apr 2023 17:43:11 -0700 Saeed Mahameed wrote:
>> So I checked with Arch and we agreed that the only devices that need to
>> expose this management PF are Bluefield chips, which have dedicated device
>> IDs, and newer than the affected FW, so we can fix this by making the check
>> more strict by testing device IDs as well.
>>
>> I will provide a patch by tomorrow, will let Paul test it first.
>
>What's "by tomorrow"? Today COB or some time tomorrow?
>Paolo is sending the PR tomorrow, fix needs to be on the list *now*.

I just saw you applied the revert, anyway here's our proposal:
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/netdevbpf/patch/[email-masked]/

We just tie Management PF to specific device IDs where it's actually
supported.

I guess I can bring back a combination of the original patch and my fix
to next cycle.