Subject: Re: [PATCH v5] net: mdiobus: Add a function to deassert reset

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2023 10:02:05 +0100

On Fri, May 12, 2023 at 03:08:53PM +0800, Yan Wang wrote:
> +	gpiod_set_value_cansleep(reset, gpiod_is_active_low(reset));
> +	fsleep(reset_assert_delay);
> +	gpiod_set_value_cansleep(reset, !gpiod_is_active_low(reset));

Andrew, one of the phylib maintainers and thus is responsible for code
in the area you are touching. Andrew has complained about the above
which asserts and then deasserts reset on two occasions now, explained
why it is wrong, but still the code persists in doing this.

I am going to add my voice as another phylib maintainer to this and say
NO to this code, for the exact same reasons that Andrew has given.

You now have two people responsible for the code in question telling
you that this is the wrong approach.

Until this is addressed in some way, it is pointless you posting
another version of this patch.

Thanks.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!