Subject: Re: [PATCH v9 vfio 2/7] vfio/pds: Initial support for pds_vfio VFIO driver

From: Jason Gunthorpe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2023 19:41:54 -0300

On Thu, May 04, 2023 at 01:20:01PM -0700, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
> On Thu, 4 May 2023 14:26:43 -0300 Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> > This indenting scheme is not kernel style. I generally suggest people
> > run their code through clang-format and go through and take most of
> > the changes. Most of what it sugges for this series is good
> > 
> > This GNU style of left aligning the function name should not be
> > in the kernel.
> 
> FTR that's not a kernel-wide rule. Please scope your coding style
> suggestions to your subsystem, you may confuse people.

It is what Documentation/process/coding-style.rst expects.

It is good advice for new submitters to follow the common style guide
consistently. The places that want different can ask for their
differences during the first review, we don't need to confuse people
with the reality that everything is an exception to someone somewhere.

Jason