Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v3 2/7] net: dsa: mv88e6xxx: pass directly chip structure to mv88e6xxx_phy_is_internal

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 14:18:49 +0100

On Wed, May 24, 2023 at 03:01:22PM +0200, Alexis Lothoré wrote:
> Since this function is a simple helper, we do not need to pass a full
> dsa_switch structure, we can directly pass the mv88e6xxx_chip structure.
> Doing so will allow to share this function with any other function
> not manipulating dsa_switch structure but needing info about number of
> internal phys
> 
> Reviewed-by: Russell King (Oracle) <[email-masked]>
> Reviewed-by: Florian Fainelli <[email-masked]>
> 
> ---
> Changes since v2:
> - add reviewed-by tags
> 
> Signed-off-by: Alexis Lothoré <[email-masked]>
> ---

It never ceases to amaze me the way human beings can find creative ways
to mess things up, no matter how well things are documented. The above
commit message (and the others that I've looked at) are all broken
because of this creativity.

In effect, because of the really weird format you've come up with here,
your patches are in effect *not* signed off by you.

The patch format is in Documentation/process/submitting-patches.rst
under the section marked "The canonical patch format". Please review.

Please wait a while (a few days) to see if anyone responds to _this_
posting with any other comments. Thanks.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!