Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 6/8] net: ethernet: mtk_eth_soc: convert caps in mtk_soc_data struct to u64

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 12:28:00 +0100

On Sun, Jun 11, 2023 at 01:39:48AM +0100, Daniel Golle wrote:
> From: Lorenzo Bianconi <[email-masked]>
> 
> This is a preliminary patch to introduce support for MT7988 SoC.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Lorenzo Bianconi <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Daniel Golle <[email-masked]>

At some point, I'd really like to unpick this and see whether there's a
better structure to it - so that mac_config() doesn't have to save the
syscfg0 value, and restore it in mac_finish(). Given that syscfg0 is a
shared register, are we sure the code that updates this register is safe
from races caused by two MACs going through the config progress in two
separate CPUs at the same time?

Is there anything which prevents two or more MACs wanting to mess with
the contents of the SYSCFG0_SGMII_MASK bits? It's difficult to tell with
the current code.

Thanks.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!