Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/3] Remove some unused phylink legacy

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 10:11:31 +0100

Hi,

I believe we are now in a position where some of the legacy phylink code
can be removed!

I believe that all DSA drivers do not make use of any pre-March 2020
phylink behaviour - all drivers now seem to set legacy_pre_march2020 to
false, and the conditions that DSA sets it to true are no longer
satisifed by any driver.

Moreover, no one uses the .mac_an_restart() method, so this can also be
removed.

 drivers/net/dsa/b53/b53_common.c       |  6 -----
 drivers/net/dsa/lan9303-core.c         |  6 -----
 drivers/net/dsa/microchip/ksz_common.c |  2 --
 drivers/net/dsa/mt7530.c               |  6 -----
 drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/chip.c       |  4 ----
 drivers/net/dsa/ocelot/felix.c         |  6 -----
 drivers/net/dsa/qca/qca8k-8xxx.c       |  2 --
 drivers/net/dsa/sja1105/sja1105_main.c |  6 -----
 drivers/net/phy/phylink.c              | 22 ++++++++----------
 include/linux/phylink.h                | 12 ----------
 include/net/dsa.h                      |  3 ---
 net/dsa/port.c                         | 41 ----------------------------------
 12 files changed, 9 insertions(+), 107 deletions(-)

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!