Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 bpf 2/2] bpf: selftests: add lwt redirect regression test cases

From: Yan Zhai <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2023 03:30:08 -0700

Apologize for sending previous mail from a wrong app (not text mode).
Resending to keep the mailing list thread consistent.

On Wed, Jul 26, 2023 at 3:10 AM Markus Elfring <[email-masked]>
wrote:
>
> > Tests BPF redirect at the lwt xmit hook to ensure error handling are
> > safe, i.e. won't panic the kernel.
>
> Are imperative change descriptions still preferred?

Hi Markus,

   I think you linked this to me yesterday that it should be described
imperatively:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/Documentation/process/submitting-patches.rst?h=v6.5-rc3#n155

>
> See also:
>
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/Documentation/process/submitting-patches.rst?h=v6.5-rc3#n94
>

I don’t follow the purpose of this reference. This points to user impact
but this is a selftest, so I don’t see any user impact here. Or is there
anything I missed?

>
> Can remaining wording weaknesses be adjusted accordingly?

I am not following this question . Can you be more specific or provide an
example?

Yan

> Regards,
> Markus