Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v2 1/7] net: pcs: xpcs: add specific vendor supoprt for Wangxun 10Gb NICs

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2023 10:21:16 +0100

On Tue, Aug 08, 2023 at 10:17:02AM +0800, Jiawen Wu wrote:
> Since Wangxun 10Gb NICs require some special configuration on the IP of
> Synopsys Designware XPCS, introduce dev_flag for different vendors. The
> vendor identification of wangxun devices is added by comparing the name
> of mii bus.
> 
> And interrupt mode is used in Wangxun devices, so make it to be the first
> specific configuration.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Jiawen Wu <[email-masked]>

Does the XPCS in Wangxun devices have the device identifiers (registers
2 and 3) and the package identifiers (registers 14 and 15) implemented,
and would they be set to an implementation specific value that would
allow their integration into Wangxun devices to be detected?

If the answer to that is yes, it would be preferable to use that
rather than adding a bitarray of flags to indicate various "quirks".

Thanks.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!