Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] net: phy: Provide Module 4 KSZ9477 errata (DS80000754C)

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 15:38:55 +0100

On Wed, Aug 30, 2023 at 04:26:50PM +0200, Oleksij Rempel wrote:
> @Lukasz,
> 
> can you please try to set eee_broken_modes to all-ones. Somewhat like
> this:
> ksz9477_config_init()
> ...
>    ...quirks...
> 
>    if (phydev->dev_flages & .. NO_EEE...)
>        phydev->eee_broken_modes = -1;

That's fine in config_init().

>    err = genphy_restart_aneg(phydev);

That isn't necessary, and in any case, calling it will just cause the
AN enable and AN restart bits in BMCR to be set, nothing will be
reprogrammed.

However, at a later point, when the PHY is started (by phy_start()
being called) the state will be set to PHY_UP, and the state machine
triggered. That sets needs_aneg which will then call phy_start_aneg().

That then goes on to call phy_config_aneg(), which will either call
the driver specific config_aneg() function, or one of the two generic
genphy.*config_aneg() functions. These will then program the EEE
advertisement.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!