Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v3 0/8] devlink: Add port function attributes

From: Saeed Mahameed <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2023 13:41:47 -0700

On 18 Aug 14:32, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
>On Fri, 18 Aug 2023 21:36:40 +0300 Leon Romanovsky wrote:
>> > and you have to audacity to call the basic rules we had for a very long
>> > time "very strange".
>>
>> This rule relies on basic contract of 1 series -> fast review/acceptance.
>> Once fast review/acceptance doesn't happen, what else do you expect from me?
>
>Since you don't understand what I'm asking please let Saeed post
>your patches.
>

I usually try to avoid posting API changes as part of my pure mlx5 PRs. So
they get their fare share of focused review.

I prefer if such standalone patchsets to be submitted individually, as
they are mostly introducing new devlink knobs. This one isn't a new series
hence the V3, so I am not sure I can agree with the parallel submissions issue
here.

For the two ipsec UDP and TCP selector patches [1] I agree they should've been
part of my PRs.

[1] https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/netdevbpf/cover/[email-masked]/

I will take them to my next PR.

Thanks,
Saeed.