Subject: Re: [PATCH net] net/mlx5: Dynamic cyclecounter shift calculation for PTP free running clock

From: Saeed Mahameed <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 13:40:14 -0700

On 21 Aug 16:05, Rahul Rameshbabu wrote:
>Use a dynamic calculation to determine the shift value for the internal
>timer cyclecounter that will lead to the highest precision frequency
>adjustments. Previously used a constant for the shift value assuming all
>devices supported by the driver had a nominal frequency of 1GHz. However,
>there are devices that operate at different frequencies. The previous shift
>value constant would break the PHC functionality for those devices.
>
>Reported-by: Vadim Fedorenko <[email-masked]>
>Closes: https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/[email-masked]/
>Fixes: 6a4010927562 ("net/mlx5: Update cyclecounter shift value to improve ptp free running mode precision")
>Signed-off-by: Rahul Rameshbabu <[email-masked]>
>Tested-by: Vadim Fedorenko <[email-masked]>

Acked-by: Saeed Mahameed <[email-masked]>

I have nothing else in my queue so just go ahead and apply directly to net.

Thanks,
Saeed.