Subject: Re: [PATCH net 1/1] net: stmmac: update MAC capabilities when tx queues are updated

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 08:25:06 +0100

On Wed, Oct 18, 2023 at 10:31:36AM +0800, Gan, Yi Fang wrote:
> From: Michael Sit Wei Hong <[email-masked]>
> 
> Upon boot up, the driver will configure the MAC capabilities based on
> the maximum number of tx and rx queues. When the user changes the
> tx queues to single queue, the MAC should be capable of supporting Half
> Duplex, but the driver does not update the MAC capabilities when it is
> configured so.
> 
> Using the stmmac_reinit_queues() to check the number of tx queues
> and set the MAC capabilities accordingly.

There is other setup elsewhere in the driver that fiddles with this in
stmmac_phy_setup(). Maybe provide a helper function so that this
decision making can be made in one function called from both these
locations, so if the decision making for HD support changes, only one
place needs changing?

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!