Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next V1] net: pcs: xpcs: Add 2500BASE-X case in get state for XPCS drivers

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 10:09:00 +0100

On Thu, Oct 26, 2023 at 11:13:05AM +0530, Raju Lakkaraju wrote:
> Add DW_2500BASEX case in xpcs_get_state( ) to update speed, duplex and pause
> 
> Signed-off-by: Raju Lakkaraju <[email-masked]>
> ---
> Change List:
> ============
> V0 -> V1:
>   - Remove the auto-negotiation check due to currently the DW_2500BASEX mode 
>     doesn't imply any auto-negotiation 

So I just thought why hadn't I picked up on the link-down code setting
->speed, ->duplex and ->pause in the previous patch. Looking back at
what you call V0, which I guess is:

https://lore.kernel.org/r/[email-masked]

it's because the code wasn't there, and neither is its addition listed
in the above change list. That makes the change list rather misleading.

If you're going to provide a list of changes, please ensure it
describes all the changes from the previous iteration, or don't bother
including a list of changes. No list of changes is better than an
incomplete and thus misleading list of changes.

Thanks.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!