Subject: Re: [PATCH v6 1/6] net: phy: introduce core support for phy-mode = "10g-qxgmii"

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 08:43:54 +0000

On Sun, Nov 26, 2023 at 06:20:16PM +0100, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 26, 2023 at 02:07:27PM +0800, Luo Jie wrote:
> >  	switch (interface) {
> >  	case PHY_INTERFACE_MODE_USXGMII:
> > -		caps |= MAC_10000FD | MAC_5000FD | MAC_2500FD;
> > +		caps |= MAC_10000FD | MAC_5000FD;
> > +		fallthrough;
> 
> This change seems to refer to the second paragraph, where as the rest
> of the code is about the first. Or does splitting this cause a bisect
> problem?

I'm not sure what you're referring to here, and by over-trimming the
context, this probably gives an insight into a misunderstanding.

This hunk (and the next) does _not_ change what USXGMII ends up with.
It moves MAC_2500FD to be under the 10G_QXGMII case from the USXGMII
case, and we will _fallthrough_ from the USXGMII case into thte
10G_QXGMII case. So, USXGMII still ends up with MAC_2500FD.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!