Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/3] net: microchip_t1s: additional phy support and collision detect handling

From: Ramón Nordin Rodriguez <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 09:57:35 +0100

On Mon, Nov 27, 2023 at 05:03:54PM +0100, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> > * 3-4 nodes (depending on how many usb ports and dongles I have)
> > * run iperf with long cables and CSMA/CD
> > * run iperf with long cables and CMSA/No CD
> > 
> > I'll report back the results. Anything you'd like to add/focus on with
> > evaluation?
> 
> Humm, thinking about how CSMA/CD works...
> 
> Maybe look at what counters the MAC provides. Does it have collisions
> and bad FCS? A collision should result in a bad FCS, if you are not
> using CD. So if things are working correctly, the count for CD should
> move to FCS if you turn CD off. If CD is falsely triggering, FCS as a
> % should not really change, but you probably get more frames over the
> link?
> 

That is some really cool input, I have to do some datasheet digging and
hacking. I'll try to set everything up today, tomorrow I can hang in
the lab after hours and test things out!

Partihban suggested that Microchips support might be able to help with
testing, might give them a ping soon as I a solid plan.

Really appreciate the insight! 
R