Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v3 2/7] net: wangxun: unified phylink implementation in libwx

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2023 12:15:45 +0000

On Wed, Dec 06, 2023 at 05:53:50PM +0800, Jiawen Wu wrote:
> Use wx->phylink instead of txgbe->phylink, and move the same ethtool
> functions to libwx because them can be implemented with phylink in
> ngbe driver.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Jiawen Wu <[email-masked]>

I would probably do the first two patches of your series differently:

Patch 1: add struct phylink + phylink_config to the wx structure, and
  add the helper functions for ksettings and nway reset.

Patch 2: convert txgbe to use the bits added in patch 1.

Patch 3: convert ngbe to phylink using the wx bits added in the first
  patch as a pure phylink conversion.

Patch 4: change how the PHY is attached/detached (as mentioned in the
  review of your existing first patch.)

which probably would have been easier to review.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!