Subject: Re: [net-next 15/15] net/mlx5: Implement management PF Ethernet profile

From: Saeed Mahameed <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 14:25:33 -0800

On 20 Dec 18:45, Nelson, Shannon wrote:
>On 12/20/2023 4:57 PM, Saeed Mahameed wrote:
>>
>>From: Armen Ratner <[email-masked]>
>>
>>Add management PF modules, which introduce support for the structures
>>needed to create the resources for the MGMT PF to work.
>>Also, add the necessary calls and functions to establish this
>>functionality.
>
>Hmmm.... this reminds me of a previous discussion:
>https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/20200305140322.2dc86db0@kicinski-fedora-PC1C0HJN/
>

Maybe we should have made it clear here as well, this management PF just
exposes a netdev on the embedded ARM that will be used to communicate
with the device onboard BMC via NC-SI, so it meant to be used
only by standard tools.

Thanks,
Saeed.

>sln