Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/5] net: stmmac: socfpga: fix init ordering and cleanups

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2025 17:29:28 +0100

Hi,

This series fixes the init ordering of the socfpga probe function.
The standard rule is to do all setup before publishing any device,
and socfpga violates that. I can see no reason for this, but these
patches have not been tested on hardware.

Address this by moving the initialisation of dwmac->stmmac_rst
along with all the other dwmac initialisers - there's no reason
for this to be late as plat_dat->stmmac_rst has already been
populated.

Next, replace the call to ops->set_phy_mode() with an init function
socfpga_dwmac_init() which will then be linked in to plat_dat->init.

Then, add this to plat_dat->init, and switch to stmmac_pltfr_pm_ops
from the private ops. The runtime suspend/resume socfpga implementations
are identical to the platform ones, but misses the noirq versions
which this will add.

Next, swap the order of socfpga_dwmac_init() and stmmac_dvr_probe().

Finally, convert to devm_stmmac_pltfr_probe() by moving the call
to ops->set_phy_mode() into an init function appropriately populating
plat_dat->init.

 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-socfpga.c    | 79 +++++-----------------
 1 file changed, 16 insertions(+), 63 deletions(-)

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!