Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/4] net: stmmac: qcom-ethqos: simplifications

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2025 15:09:51 +0100

Remove unnecessary code from the qcom-ethqos glue driver.

Start by consistently using -> serdes_speed to set the speed of the
serdes PHY rather than sometimes using ->serdes_speed and sometimes
using ->speed.

This then allows the removal of ->speed in the second patch.

There is no need to set the maximum speed just because we're using
2500BASE-X - phylink already knows that 2500BASE-X can't support
faster speeds.

This then makes qcom_ethqos_speed_mode_2500() redundant as it's
setting the interface mode to the value that was determined in the
switch statement that already determined that the interface mode
had this value.

Not tested on hardware.

 .../ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-qcom-ethqos.c    | 43 ++++++++--------------
 1 file changed, 15 insertions(+), 28 deletions(-)

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!