Subject: Re: [PATCH] wangxunx: select CONFIG_PHYLINK where needed

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 15:49:43 +0000

On Tue, Jan 09, 2024 at 09:35:50AM +0000, Russell King (Oracle) wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 09, 2024 at 08:56:21AM +0100, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> > diff --git a/drivers/net/ethernet/wangxun/Kconfig b/drivers/net/ethernet/wangxun/Kconfig
> > index 23cd610bd376..46630f05d8dd 100644
> > --- a/drivers/net/ethernet/wangxun/Kconfig
> > +++ b/drivers/net/ethernet/wangxun/Kconfig
> > @@ -26,6 +26,7 @@ config NGBE
> >  	tristate "Wangxun(R) GbE PCI Express adapters support"
> >  	depends on PCI
> >  	select LIBWX
> > +	select PHYLINK
> >  	select PHYLIB
> 
> You can drop PHYLIB when adding PHYLINK.

Arnd,

There are repeated complaints from the kernel build bot about this, and
it would be good to get it solved. Could we have an updated patch
submitted to netdev please? This is in net-next only at the moment,
so I think that means it needs to be submitted with:

	[PATCH net-next ...]

and please make it clear that it is a fix for code only in net-next.
(However, netdev folk may request it to be referred until net-next is
merged and then against the net tree...)

Thanks.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!