Subject: Re: [PATCH net v2 2/2] net: macsec: Only require headroom/tailroom from offload implementer if .mdo_insert_tx_tag is implemented

From: Sabrina Dubroca <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 10:29:08 +0100

2024-01-18, 11:18:07 -0800, Rahul Rameshbabu wrote:
> A number of MACsec offload implementers do not implement
> .mdo_insert_tx_tag. These implementers also do not specify the needed
> headroom/tailroom and depend on the default in the core MACsec stack.

FWIW, I had the same concern when Radu submitted these changes, and he
answered that the extra room was only needed for SW, not for offload:
https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/

I'm not really objecting to this patch, but is it fixing a bug? If so,
it would be useful to describe the problem you're seeing in the commit
message for this change.

Does your driver require the default headroom/tailroom?

> Fixes: a73d8779d61a ("net: macsec: introduce mdo_insert_tx_tag")
> Cc: Radu Pirea (NXP OSS) <[email-masked]>
> Cc: David S. Miller <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Sabrina Dubroca <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Rahul Rameshbabu <[email-masked]>

-- 
Sabrina