Subject: [PATCH net-next v2 0/6] net: eee network driver cleanups

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2024 12:12:43 +0000

Hi,

Since commit d1420bb99515 ("net: phy: improve generic EEE ethtool
functions") changed phylib to set eee->eee_active and eee->eee_enabled,
overriding anything that drivers have set these to prior to calling
phy_ethtool_get_eee().

Therefore, drivers setting these members becomes redundant, since
phylib overwrites the values they set. This series finishes off
Heiner's work in the referenced commit by removing these redundant
writes in various drivers and any associated code or structure members
that become unnecessary.

v2: Address Andrew's comment on fec_main.c

 drivers/net/dsa/b53/b53_common.c                     | 6 ------
 drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/asp2/bcmasp_ethtool.c  | 4 ----
 drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/asp2/bcmasp_intf.c     | 5 +++--
 drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/genet/bcmgenet.c       | 8 +++-----
 drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/genet/bcmmii.c         | 5 +++--
 drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/fec_main.c            | 4 ----
 drivers/net/ethernet/samsung/sxgbe/sxgbe_common.h    | 1 -
 drivers/net/ethernet/samsung/sxgbe/sxgbe_ethtool.c   | 2 --
 drivers/net/ethernet/samsung/sxgbe/sxgbe_main.c      | 1 -
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_ethtool.c | 2 --
 10 files changed, 9 insertions(+), 29 deletions(-)
-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!