Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next] net: sfp: add quirk for OEM DFP-34X-2C2 GPON ONU SFP

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 14:42:58 +0000

Oh, you re-posted it already...

On Sun, Jan 28, 2024 at 03:06:33PM +0100, Sergio Palumbo wrote:
>      DFP-34X-2C2 is a GPON spf module working at both 1000baseX
>      and 2500baseX.
>      Setting the module to LAN_SDS_MODE=6 the module is working
>      at 2500baseX with auto negotiation see at
>      https://hack-gpon.org/ont-odi-realtek-dfp-34x-2c2/

Please don't indent commit messages unnecessarily.

Also, good to know what this module *requires* AN with 2500base-X.

However, what mode does this module normally come up in, and does
it reflect the operating mode in the module EEPROM?

If we accept this patch, and the modules normally come up at 1000base-X
we will try to use 2500base-X and the link won't come up. So it's
important to clarify this point.

Thanks.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!