Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next] selftests: forwarding: Add missing config entries

From: Jiri Pirko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 15:30:46 +0100

Fri, Jan 26, 2024 at 05:36:16PM CET, [email-masked] wrote:
>The config file contains a partial kernel configuration to be used by
>`virtme-configkernel --custom'. The presumption is that the config file
>contains all Kconfig options needed by the selftests from the directory.
>
>In net/forwarding/config, many are missing, which manifests as spurious
>failures when running the selftests, with messages about unknown device
>types, qdisc kinds or classifier actions. Add the missing configurations.
>
>Tested the resulting configuration using virtme-ng as follows:
>
> # vng -b -f tools/testing/selftests/net/forwarding/config
> # vng --user root
> (within the VM:)
> # make -C tools/testing/selftests TARGETS=net/forwarding run_tests

For me, all tests end up with:
SKIP: Cannot create interface. Name not specified

Do I miss some config file? If yes, can't we have some default testing
ifnames in case the config is not there?