Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v3 4/7] net: dsa: mt7530: move XTAL check to mt7530_setup()

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2024 11:48:54 +0000

On Fri, Feb 02, 2024 at 12:19:10PM +0300, Arınç ÜNAL via B4 Relay wrote:
> From: Arınç ÜNAL <[email-masked]>
> 
> The crystal frequency concerns the switch core. The frequency should be
> checked when the switch is being set up so the driver can reject the
> unsupported hardware earlier and without requiring port 6 to be used.
> 
> Move it to mt7530_setup(). Drop the unnecessary function printing.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Arınç ÜNAL <[email-masked]>
> Reviewed-by: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
> Reviewed-by: Vladimir Oltean <[email-masked]>

I would prefer this to be earlier in the series, before patch 2 which
moves mt7530_setup_port6() to be called from mac_config(). mac_config()
is supposed to be configuration error-free - in other words, all state
should have been checked before hand.

Thanks.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!