Subject: Re: [TEST] gre_multipath_nh_res takes forever

From: Ido Schimmel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 18:50:58 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 15, 2024 at 09:50:05AM -0800, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
> Hi!
> 
> I bumped the timeouts for forwarding tests with kernel debug enabled
> yesterday, and gre_multipath_nh_res still doesn't finish even tho it
> runs for close to 3 hours. On a non-debug kernel it takes around 30min.
> 
> You probably have a better idea how to address this than me, but it
> seems to time out on the IPv6 tests - I wonder if using mausezahn 
> instead of ping for IPv6 would help a bit?

Converted from ping6 to mausezahn, but the test was still relatively
slow because of the 1msec delay we pass the mausezahn. After converting
to mausezahn and removing the delay the runtime dropped from ~350
seconds to ~15 seconds on my system.

I think I will parametrize the delay for platforms that might need it,
but default it to 0 as it's not needed with veth. The same change is
needed in other tests. Will submit it together with Petr's selftest
changes.