Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v2 3/5] net: stmmac: dwmac-socfpga: use pcs_init/pcs_exit

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 20:19:49 +0100

On Tue, Apr 09, 2024 at 06:34:04PM -0700, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
> On Tue, 09 Apr 2024 11:21:46 +0200 Romain Gantois wrote:
> > +	struct regmap_config pcs_regmap_cfg = {
> > +		.reg_bits = 16,
> > +		.val_bits = 16,
> > +		.reg_shift = regmap_upshift(1),
> 
> This appears to displease the compiler:
> 
> drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-socfpga.c:389:16: error: call to undeclared function 'regmap_upshift'; ISO C99 and later do not support implicit function declarations [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
>   389 |                 .reg_shift = regmap_upshift(1),
>       |                              ^

Yes, annoyingly I accidentally it 'u' instead of 'y' in vi which
lower-cased the entire function, and didn't realise before sending the
patch as a theoretical solution to Romain. After build-testing it locally
I did notice it. I would've thought that Romain would've build-tested
before sending out his patch set and would've fixed it up... I didn't
have time to properly fix up my patch (essentially would've ment
redoing the edits from scratch to ensure that it was correct.) Still
don't have time to do that. Sorry.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!