Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v9 00/14] net: Add support for Power over Ethernet (PoE)

From: Kyle Swenson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 20:57:04 +0000

On Wed, Apr 17, 2024 at 04:39:48PM +0200, Kory Maincent wrote:
> From: Kory Maincent (Dent Project) <[email-masked]>
> 
> This patch series aims at adding support for PoE (Power over Ethernet),
> based on the already existing support for PoDL (Power over Data Line)
> implementation. In addition, it adds support for two specific PoE
> controller, the Microchip PD692x0 and the TI TPS23881.
> 

I don't have much in the way of review comments, it all looks pretty
good to me, for whatever that's worth.  I am excited for this support to
be mainlined, it will be super useful for our routers and provides and
extensible way I can eventually add support for additional PSE chipsets,
like the LTC4266 from Linear Technology.

I look forward to working with this to add support for port priorities
and power management given a system-level power budget that is less than
the sum of total power that could be supplied by all ports.  I don't
know exactly how this will look, but I do know that without this first
part, it wouldn't be possible.

So, great work, and thanks for the effort.  It's appreciated and will be
very useful for us.  I look forward to working with you to build on top
of this.

Thanks so much,
Kyle