Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/3] net: phy: mediatek: Add mtk phy lib for token ring access & LED/other manipulations

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2024 14:09:30 +0100

On Wed, May 08, 2024 at 02:25:56PM +0200, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> On Tue, May 07, 2024 at 03:40:09PM +0100, Daniel Golle wrote:
> > Could you create this helper library in a way that it would be useful
> > also for the otherwise identical LED controller of the Airoha EN8811H,
> > ie. supporting both variants with LED_ON_LINK2500 at BIT(7) as well as
> > BIT(8) would be worth it imho as all the rest could be shared.
> 
> Please trim the email when replying to just what is relevant. If i
> need to page down lots of time to find a comment it is possible i will
> skip write passed a comment...

+1. There are _too_ _many_ people on netdev who just don't bother to do
this, and it's getting to the point where if people can't be bothered
to make it easier for me to engage with them, I'm just not going to be
bothered engaging with them. People need to realise that this is a two-
way thing, and stop making reviewers have extra work trying to find
their one or two line comment buried in a few hundred lines of irrevant
content. I might just send a reply, top posting, stating I can't be
bothered to read their email.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!