Subject: [GIT PULL v2] virtio: features, fixes, cleanups

From: "Michael S. Tsirkin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2024 02:00:17 -0400

Things to note here:
- dropped a couple of patches at the last moment. Did a bunch
  of testing in the last day to make sure that's not causing
  any fallout, it's a revert and no other changes in the same area
  so I feel rather safe doing that.
- the new Marvell OCTEON DPU driver is not here: latest v4 keeps causing
  build failures on mips. I kept deferring the pull hoping to get it in
  and I might try to merge a new version post rc1 (supposed to be ok for
  new drivers as they can't cause regressions), but we'll see.
- there are also a couple bugfixes under review, to be merged after rc1
- there is a trivial conflict in the header file. Shouldn't be any
  trouble to resolve, but fyi the resolution by Stephen is here
        diff --cc drivers/virtio/virtio_mem.c
        index e8355f55a8f7,6d4dfbc53a66..000000000000
        --- a/drivers/virtio/virtio_mem.c
        +++ b/drivers/virtio/virtio_mem.c
        @@@ -21,7 -21,7 +21,8 @@@
          #include <linux/bitmap.h>
          #include <linux/lockdep.h>
          #include <linux/log2.h>
         +#include <linux/vmalloc.h>
        + #include <linux/suspend.h>
  Also see it here:
  https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/

The following changes since commit 18daea77cca626f590fb140fc11e3a43c5d41354:

  Merge tag 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/virt/kvm/kvm (2024-04-30 12:40:41 -0700)

are available in the Git repository at:

  https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mst/vhost.git tags/for_linus

for you to fetch changes up to c8fae27d141a32a1624d0d0d5419d94252824498:

  virtio-pci: Check if is_avq is NULL (2024-05-22 08:39:41 -0400)

----------------------------------------------------------------
virtio: features, fixes, cleanups

Several new features here:

- virtio-net is finally supported in vduse.

- Virtio (balloon and mem) interaction with suspend is improved

- vhost-scsi now handles signals better/faster.

Fixes, cleanups all over the place.

Signed-off-by: Michael S. Tsirkin <[email-masked]>

----------------------------------------------------------------
Christophe JAILLET (1):
      vhost-vdpa: Remove usage of the deprecated ida_simple_xx() API

David Hildenbrand (1):
      virtio-mem: support suspend+resume

David Stevens (2):
      virtio_balloon: Give the balloon its own wakeup source
      virtio_balloon: Treat stats requests as wakeup events

Eugenio Pérez (1):
      MAINTAINERS: add Eugenio Pérez as reviewer

Jiri Pirko (1):
      virtio: delete vq in vp_find_vqs_msix() when request_irq() fails

Krzysztof Kozlowski (24):
      virtio: balloon: drop owner assignment
      virtio: input: drop owner assignment
      virtio: mem: drop owner assignment
      um: virt-pci: drop owner assignment
      virtio_blk: drop owner assignment
      bluetooth: virtio: drop owner assignment
      hwrng: virtio: drop owner assignment
      virtio_console: drop owner assignment
      crypto: virtio - drop owner assignment
      firmware: arm_scmi: virtio: drop owner assignment
      gpio: virtio: drop owner assignment
      drm/virtio: drop owner assignment
      iommu: virtio: drop owner assignment
      misc: nsm: drop owner assignment
      net: caif: virtio: drop owner assignment
      net: virtio: drop owner assignment
      net: 9p: virtio: drop owner assignment
      vsock/virtio: drop owner assignment
      wifi: mac80211_hwsim: drop owner assignment
      nvdimm: virtio_pmem: drop owner assignment
      rpmsg: virtio: drop owner assignment
      scsi: virtio: drop owner assignment
      fuse: virtio: drop owner assignment
      sound: virtio: drop owner assignment

Li Zhang (1):
      virtio-pci: Check if is_avq is NULL

Li Zhijian (1):
      vdpa: Convert sprintf/snprintf to sysfs_emit

Maxime Coquelin (3):
      vduse: validate block features only with block devices
      vduse: Temporarily fail if control queue feature requested
      vduse: enable Virtio-net device type

Michael S. Tsirkin (1):
      Merge tag 'stable/vduse-virtio-net' into vhost

Mike Christie (9):
      vhost-scsi: Handle vhost_vq_work_queue failures for events
      vhost-scsi: Handle vhost_vq_work_queue failures for cmds
      vhost-scsi: Use system wq to flush dev for TMFs
      vhost: Remove vhost_vq_flush
      vhost_scsi: Handle vhost_vq_work_queue failures for TMFs
      vhost: Use virtqueue mutex for swapping worker
      vhost: Release worker mutex during flushes
      vhost_task: Handle SIGKILL by flushing work and exiting
      kernel: Remove signal hacks for vhost_tasks

Uwe Kleine-König (1):
      virtio-mmio: Convert to platform remove callback returning void

Yuxue Liu (2):
      vp_vdpa: Fix return value check vp_vdpa_request_irq
      vp_vdpa: don't allocate unused msix vectors

Zhu Lingshan (1):
      MAINTAINERS: apply maintainer role of Intel vDPA driver

 MAINTAINERS                                   |  10 +-
 arch/um/drivers/virt-pci.c                    |   1 -
 drivers/block/virtio_blk.c                    |   1 -
 drivers/bluetooth/virtio_bt.c                 |   1 -
 drivers/char/hw_random/virtio-rng.c           |   1 -
 drivers/char/virtio_console.c                 |   2 -
 drivers/crypto/virtio/virtio_crypto_core.c    |   1 -
 drivers/firmware/arm_scmi/virtio.c            |   1 -
 drivers/gpio/gpio-virtio.c                    |   1 -
 drivers/gpu/drm/virtio/virtgpu_drv.c          |   1 -
 drivers/iommu/virtio-iommu.c                  |   1 -
 drivers/misc/nsm.c                            |   1 -
 drivers/net/caif/caif_virtio.c                |   1 -
 drivers/net/virtio_net.c                      |   1 -
 drivers/net/wireless/virtual/mac80211_hwsim.c |   1 -
 drivers/nvdimm/virtio_pmem.c                  |   1 -
 drivers/rpmsg/virtio_rpmsg_bus.c              |   1 -
 drivers/scsi/virtio_scsi.c                    |   1 -
 drivers/vdpa/vdpa.c                           |   2 +-
 drivers/vdpa/vdpa_user/vduse_dev.c            |  24 ++++-
 drivers/vdpa/virtio_pci/vp_vdpa.c             |  27 ++++--
 drivers/vhost/scsi.c                          |  70 ++++++++------
 drivers/vhost/vdpa.c                          |   6 +-
 drivers/vhost/vhost.c                         | 130 ++++++++++++++++++--------
 drivers/vhost/vhost.h                         |   3 +-
 drivers/virtio/virtio_balloon.c               |  85 +++++++++++------
 drivers/virtio/virtio_input.c                 |   1 -
 drivers/virtio/virtio_mem.c                   |  69 ++++++++++++--
 drivers/virtio/virtio_mmio.c                  |   6 +-
 drivers/virtio/virtio_pci_common.c            |   6 +-
 fs/coredump.c                                 |   4 +-
 fs/fuse/virtio_fs.c                           |   1 -
 include/linux/sched/vhost_task.h              |   3 +-
 include/uapi/linux/virtio_mem.h               |   2 +
 kernel/exit.c                                 |   5 +-
 kernel/signal.c                               |   4 +-
 kernel/vhost_task.c                           |  53 +++++++----
 net/9p/trans_virtio.c                         |   1 -
 net/vmw_vsock/virtio_transport.c              |   1 -
 sound/virtio/virtio_card.c                    |   1 -
 40 files changed, 355 insertions(+), 177 deletions(-)